Sunday, June 10, 2007

Takin' it to the streets

I was never a HUGE fan of the runways. Everything seemed so untouchable, and very difficult to translate to real life. So where do I turn for inspiration? The STREETS, of course. City streets are so alive, and vibrant, and the fashion reflects that.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Meet Fleur, from Paris. First of all, how much am I jealous of her name? I mean, seriously. FLEUR? It means "flower"!!! How stellar is that? Plus, her coat is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and the purple tights just make it that much more special. And who doesn't love the messy-chic hair?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yay for cool vintage-looking coats, cuffed blue-gray jeans, and killer sneakers.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I would pay anything, GIVE anything, to be able to be in a cool European city riding around on my bike in a cute dress. I hate Pennsylvania.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The whole thing is a little dumpster-chic for me, but those electric blue boots are nirvana. In a shoe. Has anyone ever read the Principles of Love series?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So simple, yet so, so incredibly awesome. This girl outshines the dumpster girl above by a mile.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oh, me? I'm just a ridiculously awesome hipster with great hair and a killer outfit. No biggy! I'm too cool to care!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Totally office-, even church-appropriate, but so goddam gorgeous.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
*Has a jealousy heart attack*



Currently listening to: "New Slang" by the Shins

A

1 comment:

Emma said...

Fab post, and good God that bike gave me heart palpitations.