Friday, June 15, 2007

He's a looker!

Ask anyone who has ever spent more than 10 minutes with me, and they will tell you that I use this phrase far too often. I'm sure it gets annoying. But it's mainly a polite way of saying, "Damn. He's sexy."

Alright, Molly and Emma inspired me. Copying? Um, NO. "Inspiration" is more accurate. I couldn’t resist making MY VERY OWN SEXY
LIST, or, as I like to call it, my
Men-So-Sexy-I-Forget-To-Breathe-When-I-See-A-Picture-Of-Them-List (aka
MMSSIFTOBWISAPOTL).
Literally, I forget to breathe . I wish I could be all cool and
nonchalant, like “Oh yeah, hot guy, no biggie,” but I JUST CAN’T. I forget to
breathe, and about 5 seconds later, my brains switches back on, and I gulp like
a fish cruelly tossed onto the dock. Oh, I am so smooth.
#1 is definitely my number one, number 2 is number 2, but the rest
aren’t really in any particular order.

1) Alex Turner: The Just-Plain Sexy
Sexysexysexysexy. There’s a reason all the deep girls fall for
musicians. He’s just so ridiculously talented, a true lyrical genius. And his
hair…and his accent…and the way he holds his guitar…and the way his lips touch
the microphone when he sings…and the way he looks when he’s playing a mad crazy
riff…oh, shit. I am venturing a little too far into Crazy Fangirl Land. Like
those girls who make their Myspace names, “Mrs. [insert name here].” Ick. That always creeped me out. But seriously. Alex Turner........ siiiiigh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oh, to gain possession of that hoodie...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh yes, and may I just say that the other guitarist, Jamie Cook, is quite a looker, too. Ew, the new bassist? Ick!!! Icky Nicky O'Malley. He resembles a caveman, with those creepy hooded eyes. Ewwww. I'm not going to soil my post of sexiness by putting a picture of him... so find one yourself... IF YOU DARE.

2) John Krasinski/ Jim Halpert: The Adorable, Sweet Sexy
Again, ask any of my friends and they will tell you that I can't go through a day without mentioning how Jim Halpert is my soul mate. I am so in love with a fictional character, it's ridiculous. He's sweet, funny, and hot. JUST LIKE ME!!!! Well.... one out of three....
But anyways. Yes. I love Jim Halpert. But I also love John Krasinski, because he is JUST LIKE JIM! Thank God. I've seen him on talk shows, and he EVEN MAKES THE JIM FACE!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!! But that slow smile... why, it could melt metal, I swear it could. He's kind of a cute sexy, as opposed to Alex Turner, who is just.... sexy sexy. Does that make sense?
Every time Jim plays a practical joke on Dwight, my heart swells a bit more. So this is love... la la la la....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh yeah, was anyone else REALLY excited by the ending of the season finale????

3) Jude Law: The Traditional Sexy
I really hate admitting how attractive I find Jude Law, because he kind of seems like a jerk. Cheating on poor Sienna with the nanny and whatnot... dispicable. Shame on you, Jude. But you are one of the most attractive men alive, so I'll let it slide a bit. (Well, not really. I have NO sympathy AT ALL for cheaters.... it's a personal thing...) But right. He's hot. You have to admit it. Anyone see The Holiday? The movie sucked, by Jude Law was SO INCREDIBLE HOT in it. I watched the movie with my mom, and I got so embarressed by how hot he was that my face was getting BRIGHT RED. Heh. But seriously, he was the best part of the movie. Never has a man made glasses look so sexy, or fatherhood. Oops, urm... spoiler alert!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
You have to admit... that is ONE ATTRACTIVE MAN!

4) Adam Brody: The Geeky Sexy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Ok, admittedly cliche. But I just find geeks so goddamm attractive, and Adam Brody really exemplifies the "cool geek." ELLEgirl (wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!) said it far better than I ever could: "...providing a beacon of light to girls who prefer skinny to studly, witty to brawny, and awkward to dashing. Face it--the pickings have alwaays been slim in the pool of COBs (Cool Objectifiable Boys) for girls whose SAT scores rank in the 95th percentile... Adam Brody: just right. Smart, wears cute clothes, has good taste in music and possesses just the right amount of neurosis."
EXACTLY. Dammit, do you see why I love ELLEgirl so much??? It was like they could read my mind. But I already posted a rambling about that.
So it's kind of like this: While I find people like Jude Law attractive, I could NEVER picture dating them... (though that's not really the point of a sexy list, is it?). But seriously, Adam Brody is like the male form of me. Kind of. You know what I mean. He's the type of guy my school is sadly lacking.

5) Rupert Grint: The REDHEADED sexy
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Alright, I admittedly don't find Rupert Grint sexy. He's just so damn cute, is all. But I still figured he belonged on this list. His character is truly the only one that gives me laughs as I watch Harry Potter. (Seriously, who DOESN'T find the way he says, "Bloody hell..." really, really cute?) How to explain this? Ok, if Alex Turner makes my pulse quicken, Rupert Grint just makes me go, "Awwwwwwww!" He's just so sheepish and shy. Have you ever read any interviews with the Harry Potter trio? Rupert is so shy, he barely answers. It really and truly maakes me go, "Awwwww!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
For the love of PIE, ignore Dan "Maybe my name is really Danielle" Radcliffe, and Emma "I'm sexy, dammit! I AM SEXY!!" Watson (serious, Emma's pose is atrocious), and just shift your eyes to the redhead on the right who could be a guy who helps you if you drop something on the street. See what I mean?



So that's it for Part One. Part Two is coming tomorrow. Or maybe Sunday. But look for it in the next few days. Cool?


Listen to: "1234" by Feist

A.

6 comments:

molly said...

YES!! great list!!
thanks for putting alex turner on there
im madly in love with him but hes too young for my list! he was on my list last year though

discotheque confusion said...

I can understand your choices...

but Rupert Grint and Alex Turner? I'm not so sure! ha. I just think Alex T is a little...spotty! (please don't hit me!) but I get it when musicians who aren't that hot kind of are just because they're passionate bout the music.

But Jamie Cook, I can completely agree about! His skin is so smooth, and he's pretty funny too.

Phewww!

S xx

Anja said...

Great list, but I don't know who Jamie Cook is... Adam Brody and Alex Turner are hot <3 And I totally agree with you on the TeenVogue shot. Shy guys are anyway always much cuter than the guys who know they're hot..

- said...

I can understadn why you pick adam brody and jude law... but the others... i´m still thinking where have you found the atrative side... but anyway, I love Jude!

discotheque confusion said...

That comment was cool...made me think about lotsof interesting points! Its funny because I don't know anyone american (other than through blogging) so its kind of interesting to compare these things, no? ha..

Well, I don't particuarly find american guys hot by their accent, but if they're hot anyway, I'm sure it would be a bonus!

That's realy interesting to hear that lots of Americans are embarrased of their culture! Because brits tend to generalise that americans are a little stupid (thats what happens when Bush runs your country), and eat lots of junk food. No offence, because I know that this isn't at all the case for everybody, but I guess every country generalises about the people from other countries.

Hope this isn't offensive at all, its just an interesting subject! Where abouts in the US are you from by the way?

S xx

Snookums said...

I wanna slap Jude Law. Pig. Monstrosity. Sad excuse for a man.

I think God wants to control, alt, delete him. Maybe it wasn't God's work ... Never thought about that.

Smelly Jude. Even his name's annoying me now. Jude. Jude, you're crude and rude, but clearly not a prude.

As for Adam Brody, I don't think I love Adam Brody so much as I love Seth Cohen.

Seth is my eternal lover. He's the best. Summer is a lucky girl. Part of me wants to kill her, but it would hurt my dear Seth, so I can't.

Yes, I'm in love with Seth; you're in love with Jim. It's how this crazy world works.

Okay, so regardless, fabulous blog!
Keep at it!
=)