Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Andy Warhol, woot woot!

Guess what?
Well, I'm going to Pittsburgh in a week or so to visit some friends, and I get to go to the Andy Warhol Museum!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I know how jealous you are.... know that it's okay to cry.
Har har har. But seriously, I am very, very excited, and will probably have a plethora of pictures to post some time next week. The gift shop is going to be so ridiculously AWESOME. I will probably go bankrupt buying pointless postcards with Campbells cans and Marilyn Monroe on them....

Randomocity: I've always desperately longed to live in New York City, or maybe Boston. I want to be able to walk to my friend's house, walk or take a bus to music shops, vintage stores, coffee shops. To go into a city Borders, which I really love. I don't know why, I just love when book stores are in the city. But anyway- today I was on back porch, and I was eating ice cream cake, and it was sunny and a bit breezy, and I was just grateful that I live in a rural area. Same with when I'm standing in a summer thunderstorm or hanging out in the cornfield behind my house (Ok, I just realized how incredibly Lovely Bones that was.... creepy. NO MORE cornfield-hanging-out for me.), or when I bike 15 minutes to my best guy friend's house and we bike around the really small village near us and go to the pharmacy to buy candy and gum. I don't know... it's just fun somethings.

But then I get REALLY bored and go back to my longing for the city. Hmph.


Yesterday, I made a list of 28 THINGS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

28 is just a tip off the iceberg. I do not understand many, many things.
But first of all, why do I make so many lists? It's insane. I wish I could be more spontaneous. Note to self: BE MORE SPONTANEOUS. I should add that to my "To Do" list.... Ha. Just kidding!

28 Things I Do Not Understand

1) Why do people want their lips plumped? What's wrong with having thin lips? How are inflated balloon lips attractive?

2) How people find Matthew McConaughey attractive. Yeah, OK, he has a rock-hard six pack. Big woop. His face is so ugly, and his hair is so thin and stringy.... EW!

3) Why do older women HAVE to dye their hair when it starts turning gray? What's SO bad about aging? Everybody KNOWS it's being dyed, so why not just let it go undyed? I guess it's our youth-obsessed culture.

4) Why are some people SO stupid? They just have no common sense. Isn't there SOME shred of intelligence SOMEWHERE in that head???

5) If croutons are stale bread, WHY do they come is a stay-fresh pouch??? This has always bothered me.

6) Why is football called football? American football, I mean. You only use your foot while punting, which is a really small part of the game (I think, I only watch football when I have to sit in the stands for marching band, and then I just play with all my friend's instruments and make random tooting noises with them, pissing off my drum major....). So then when soccer came over to the good ol' US of A, it was stuck with "soccer" because football was already taken by a sport which really does NOT use foot. Except for running, but that doesn't count.

7) Screamo. I hate screamo. How is this considered music??? It's screechy and it hurts my ears. Screamo sucks. The whole "banshee sound" just does not do it for me. WOW, you can make a bunch of guttural noises to cover up the fact that you can't sing, you are SO COOL.

8) How do people actually deny global warming? The facts are ALL RIGHT there!!!! But this is a different post. Except a major ranting on this in the future.

9) Why are curse words SO censored? Lily Allen made a really good point: Why are curse words censored, yet things like the Pussycat Dolls aren't. LA's video "Smile" was allowed to air on some show because it had "fuck" in it. Yet the PCD videos are shown....... wtf? Is hearing "ass" or "shit" on TV honestly more offensive to a parent then watching women desecrate themselves by dressing like sluts and writhing on the ground? I really just don't understand...

10) Rude shirts. Like "If my music's too loud, you're too old." Why is that necessary? If everyone was just a little nicer to one another, the world would be a better place.

11) Why is Paris Hilton famous? What has she ever done to deserve that fame??? There are MUCH more talented people who deserve that recognition.

12) Why does the government spend so much money on the space program? Does it REALLY matter if there was once life on Mars? Honestly. Billions of dollars are spent every year. Couldn't that money go to cancer research, or something?

13) Why is Seventeen so brainless 90% of the time? Note: if you treat girls like mindless bimbos, THEY WILL ACT like mindless bimbos.

14) Abercrombie & Fitch. Remind me again what the appeal of looking like a robot is?

15) Leather pants. Just.... ew. Ewewew. Bleh. Vomit. ICK.

16) The argument against same-sex marriage. While I haven't thought too much about where I stand on it, the government really has no right to ban it, based on the basic principles of America. First of all, "All men are created equal." If you think about it, gays are really the only group in America who aren't allowed to do something because of who they are. Racism is condemned (as it should be), so why is discrimination against gays still legal, in this case not allowing them to marry? It's not right. How is discriminating against a person for the color of their skin any worse than discriminating against someone because of who they love? Gays do not choose to be gay any more than I chose the color of my skin.
Also, the separation of church and state. People don't agree with same-sex marriage mostly because of religious reasons, and that's fine, people are allowed to believe whatever they like. But according to the idea of separation of church and state, the government CAN'T make a religious based law, and banning same-sex marriage would be a religion-based law. Also some religious support gay marriage. So technically, not allowing gay marriage is discriminatory against these religions. No religious discrimination is one the, if not THE, founding principles or America.
So, it just doesn't seem to me like the government can ban gay marriage and still be in line with the Constitution.

17) Those machines that make shaved ice. Why is a specific machine needed for this? Can't people just grind some ice in the blender? That's what I do....

18) I'm completely serious and not trying to make a joke: Why is it that you drive on the parkway but you park on the driveway??? WHAT IDIOT NAMED THOSE TWO THINGS???

19) Why are these directions necessary on packets of airplane peanuts: Open package. Eat nuts. For me to continue having any faith in the human race, I must keep believing that there are not people this stupid...

20) Fake fingernails. They're ugly and get in the way. 'Nuff said.

21) Space. It just... never ends??? How IS that?? It's so mind-boggling.

22) Hummers. Why protect the environment when you can release chemicals into it while drving around in a REALLY ugly car, right? Those things get like 3 miles to the gallon!

23) Why my brother thinks he is entitled to the computer, and I have to ASK him when I want it. It's so frustrating. You wouldn't understand.

24) Why do some cool guys go for obnoxious, snobby, ditsy cheerleaders who have never heard of Bob Dylan and go around saying things like, "Did you see Laguna last night??? OMG!!!!!" And why are there no guys in my school who like tall, unique, slightly awkward girls who are kind of deep, like good music, crack jokes way too often in class, and have an IQ above 50??? Hmm?? HMMMMM?????

25) Why are ripped jeans so popular? They have HOLES in them, for chrissake.

26) Peanut butter and banana. Maybe it's one of those don't-shoot-it-'til-you've-tried-it things, but I just don't know how these relate. At all.

27) Pregnancy aerobics. All that bouncing and jostling CAN NOT be good for the baby. Hm. Maybe that explains the behavior of some people I know--their mothers did one-too-many kicks or jumps while they were in 'da bellay......

28) WHO is Kathy Santoni on Full House? Honestly, they name-drop her on almost every episode, and I think they showed her like once, on DJ's first day of Junior High. (Wow, how lame am I for knowing that? Answer: VERY.) She's like this mystical person they mention when they need a name. Kathy sounds like quite the chick, however--DJ goes to her parties like every week, Kathy apparently gets all the guys DJ likes (even eating lunch with her boyfriend- GASP!) and apparently has very big boobs. Huh. She's like the mysterious character everyone talks about but no one ever sees....

I don't understand so much. So much.







oh yes: Order of the Phoenix trailer!!!!!! Seriously, WATCH IT.


Ron, I love you. Really, I do. Your hair looks so much better in this movie than in Goblet of Fire. Snaps for Ron.

I'm so galskdfja;lkejjlfk excited!!! Geek? YES, thank you very much!!



Listen: "Once And Never Again"- The Long Blondes

anna

5 comments:

molly said...

great entry, i agree with you on pretty much everything
i will clear something up for you and play the hero:
KATHY SANTONI: shes this skanky girl who was friends with DJ and kimmie and then she suddenly developped curves and became this popular chick

Weekly Blogette said...

Oh my goodness, i quote this from a commercial "take me with you". Andy Warhol Museum?!! Lucky!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with number 13. And I'm convinced that good boiz don't exsist. They are merely s made up urban legend. Gaa! Andy Warhol musem! Have a fab fabbity time!

Ginika said...

haha, i ask most of the same questions everday, lol
nice post!

http://goldenmag.blogspot.com

Snookums said...

"Once and Never Again" by the Long Blondes ... I'll look into that.

Regardless, on with my lame comment to contrast with your radtastic blog entry ...

I live somewhere rural, too, and I know what you mean. There's a big part that's, like, "Take me somewhere fun, urban, chic; let's get with the program!"
Then there's random moments that one can't help but adore being in the countryside.

And haha, nice, "The Lovely Bones" ... nice way of putting it.
Don't go into cellar-like scenarios with people that your father talk to and I think you'll be okay.

I heart lists, though, so I find this entertaining. Lists can be spontaneous, can't they? I have spontaneous outbursts, a dash of attention deficit disorder, and a nice peppering of O.C.D., so this all makes for good reading for me.

Oh, before I start commenting everything, I warn you .... This comment will be all over the place. It's like one of those bouncy balls thrown in a small room; it's on one side of the room one second, then at the other the next. That bouncy ball will be.

Lip plumping is only the start for me. Why do people have plastic surgery for aesthetic means to begin with? I can see your reasoning if you were getting boob reductions for back pain or wanted your face reconstructed after some terrible accident or something, but shoving silicon into you? Putting collagen into your pout so it looks like two bees stung your lips? Nah, it doesn't float my boat.

My mother loves Matthew McConaughey. That explains. He's gorgeous once you've popped out a child. I'm pretty sure the cast of 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' would be pretty damn sexy after childbirth, but maybe that's just me.

When I get old, out of pure spite, I shall dye my hair grey. Not blonde, not brown, not red (which it is right now, and although I love my hair, I'm pretty sure one day a very long time from now, it shall fade from how it is naturally) ... I shall dye it grey. Take that, Sharon Osbourne.

Football = soccer to me. American football = lousy game that makes very little sense to me why anyone would want to be so damn interested in it.

I love Lily Allen's music. Just bleep it when she says "F**k"; it's not that difficult nowadays. Pussy Cat Dolls is not music; it's strippers gathering around one or two girls who realised they can vocalise, and don't need to be in the missionary position to do so.


Haha, those rude shirts. I don't have it in me to be mean; it's common knowledge amongst everyone I know. That's why, given the chance, I would wear a shirt that proudly claims, "If my music's too loud, you're too old." Why would I do this, you may ask? Simply because it is something I would never say, so the irony serves as entertainment ... in fabric-form, of course. I can see you being annoyed if it's some grotesque girl who bad-mouths that's proudly adorned with such a shirt. That would tick me off, too.


Oh, in regards to the government (ah, how stupid are thee? Let me count the ways):
Cure cancer first. Send a member of N'Sync to the moon second.


One of my friends is bisexual. Not gay, but bi. And she's one of the nicest people in the world. She's more trustworthy than the majority. She should not be discriminated against in this world.

That packet of nuts with the "instructions" is on American Airlines. That speaks for itself.


And, oh, I'm gifted to the 98th percentile or something like that (who's counting?) and I have a boyfriend and a plethora of friends that I know love me, as I love them in return.
So it has nothing to do with being smart. "Obvious pretty" is good for awhile, but "subtle beauty" always wins, so don't worry about it.

Oh, and I ripped my jeans the other day. Now, I'm fashionable.
=P


Love your blog.
It's very fun to read.

Keep at it!
=)
P.S.: I'm linking you.