Sunday, January 20, 2008

FIERCE.

This post is a recap of last week's Project Runway, and discussion of my favorite designers, and a mini-ode to perhaps the fiercest of the fierce, MR. CHRISTIAN.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Christian makes this shows 35 times more fun to watch. What with quotes like, "Team Star is like hot, like star, like celebrity," and finding a way to fit "faaaabulous" into every sentence, he is just so over-the-top and wonderfully gay that it makes my brain hurt. It's like my brain can not process how fabulous he is.

That said, he's not my favorite, design-wise, but I he's the sort of person you would kill (or perhaps strangle someone with a yard of silk organza) to have dinner with. He's brilliant, and the show will lose half the appeal (ok, maybe not quite half) if Christian is ever eliminated. Here's hoping Christian never (at least until the final episode) has to hear that chilling "Auf Wiedersehen."

On to last week's recap:

One: I was really sad to see Kit go. She was fierce. Yes, FIERCE. The gold sequin beret she wore in one episode has become permanently cemented in my brain. I liked her designs, too, as they were normally a bit quirky and funky.

For example, how many designers put their model down the runway with a mini mohawk?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



But, I must say, her dress this week was disappointing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


When she first got the idea of "nesting", I pictured this really crazy, frothy mossy green gown with sticks incorporated into it, one shouldered, with a crafted nest on the shoulder. Odd, I know, but I have odd vision. Instead she gave us a creamsicle-hued, tiered, Laura-Ingalls creation with a bundle of ribbons in the background that was supposed the encompass the whole concept of nesting. It just didn't make sense. Sorry, Kit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


THIS DRESS WAS INCREDIBLE. It just blew Rami and Kit so far out of the water. This is what avant-garde (on a 500 dollar budget, at least,) looks like. I'm so glad Chris is back. He's funny.

Victorya and Jillian:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


BAD.
ASS.
Nuff said.

Oh, and Rami bored me. Ohh, chiffon draping. Just like every other week.

But Sweet P's dress was adorable. She really shines at making cute little dresses that would be really successful commercially.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I waaaaant it.

As for my favorite designers, I'm going to have to go with Jillian and Victorya. Not only is Jillian's style similar to mine (a week after buying a pair of vintage rainbow suspenders in New York City, what do I see adorning Jillian's black tee and jeans ensemble but a pair of rainbow suspenders?), I like her designs. Especially when she was team leader for the outdated fads challenge.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I really love the wide-leg overalls.

And she was the only person to actually use candy for the Hershey's challenge, and her outfit came out looking cute and flapper-esque. She should've won, just because she used edibles, and it came out looking great.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And I like Victorya's designs, as well, though her attitude can be really irritating. I loved this dress:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
=

Very ice princess.

I think Rami might go next. He's kind of boring me.


Who's your favorite? And if you don't watch, YOU SHOULD BE!


peace,
a.

No comments: