Saturday, January 19, 2008

And just when I think our nation's moving forward...

On this extremely well-worded, sensible, inspiring video posted by Barack Obama on youtube...



Some sad, ignorant person actually posted this comment:

(I hate to even put this on here, it really upset me)

"Do you really want a Black President for the United States? Wake up people.Vote for Jackie Chan or Jet Li or something.Do not vote for a ____ man please. The White House needs to remain White. "

Why are people still like this? What is wrong with people that they still think they are better than someone because their skin is white??????? Neither race nor gender should come into play when choosing our next president, but instead who the best candidate for our nation is. I thought the 60's were a huge breakthrough in abolishing racism, but no, sadly, it's still alive and kicking is some poorly educated individuals.

I recently read an extremely interesting article about Senator Obama in Newsweek, and I read the ENTIRE thing, which is really saying something, because normally Newsweek articles are so long I stop a page in. He seemed so honest and trustworthy.



Obama '08, y'all!


My parents took me to a Clinton rally when I was 3. I haven't stopped loving politics ever since.


peace,
a.

2 comments:

Snookums said...

I want Obama to win too.

He's awesome.

It would probably make the US a lot better.

I live with the hope.
And I don't think I'm alone on this one.


AMAZING BLOG ENTRY!
Keep at it! =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.