Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lyke, hi, guys!

I would apologize, but considering I am not a blogging supaaaastarrrr, I think that would be a bit presumptuous. But volleyball (can you say 2nd ranked in the state?) and band (ehhhh... not so much) are as done as ponchos (oh MAN, can you say BURN? Or not...), and I now have gobs of free time. Why do something artsy or productive when I can WRITE about how I SHOULD be doing something artsy and productive on my BLOG????

So, fall's almost over. Bummer. Every year, I picture myself all cozy with knee socks and boots and vintage dresses on a hayride or picking apples, perhaps writing in my journal in a pumpkin patch. But alas, fall is always over before it has a chance to begin, and I find myself in jeans and my Chucks spiking balls in a gym that is either freezing or approximately the temperature of hell/ playing mallets on a football sideline.

I'm going somewhere with this, I swear. Wait, actually, I'm not. Change of subject:

I am butt-crazy in love with Urban Outfitters. Yes, I'm sorry, I am going to be lame and unoriginal and post pictures of pretty clothes with somewhere-south-of-witty captions.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I'm not sure why this bag thrills me so. The words are probably meant just to be quirky. There are so many people we have never met, will never meet. This intrigues and frightens me, knowing that I might never get to meet the one person who could save me.
Oh boy. Debbie Downer much?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I love how this tree looks like a doodle I or anyone else could've done with pen in a notebook margin. But it's beautiful.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I am actually ordering the triumphant beret tonight! I am ecstatic, as these sort of things do not usually happen to me. Rarely do I fall in love with an item online and find myself in possession of me.

What's with my pompous tone tonight? I'm even bothering myself...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hot damn. These shoes are everything good with this world. Urm... stratch that. I'm pretty sure leather might piss off a person or two... But they are gorgeous. They are the fall boots I dream of wearing with fall-toned clothes and cable knit over the knee socks. And holy hell, THEY HAVE MY SIZE!!!! This is amazing, this is incredible, this is..... 500 DOLLARS????????????????????????????????????????????? Yes, they are beautiful, but 500 buckeroos??? I can't even get $20 together to subscribe to Alternative Press!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I will wear this dress and be cooler than...... anyone.... ever..... even cooler than Barack Obama. That's right, I said it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This looks comfy enough to sleep in. Kurt Cobain grunge chic, anyone? A moment of silence. Ok, now go not wash your hair.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And I'm ordering these gloves, too! The hobo glove angels are smiling down on me. (They didn't they you about them in Sunday school, did they? Well, see, at Catholic school, you learn these things.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In case I didn't want to be a make [believe] not war flower child of the 60's enough already, Urban Outfitters had to present me with these rad hair accessories and make my longing even more potent.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Blue, yellow, AND purple tights????? Is it even legal to be that cool?


Shameless plug Part Uno:

POSTSECRET.COM

Every Sunday, I visit that inspiring and heartwrenching website for new postcards. Basically, people decorate a postcard and send in their secrets. Sometimes the secrets relate to me, and they make me feel connected to other humans. Sometimes the secrets are so beyond anything I have to deal with, and I feel thankful for what I have. Either way, this website inspires.

This one in particular moves me, because I so agree. I hate dating sites. Where's the magic in getting scientifically matched up with your perfect mate? Isn't the idea of love that it depends on fate? That if you left the house a minute later, you might not have met that person? Don't we all want a great love story?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is just a beautiful piece of language.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Old people make my heart hurt, they are so adorable, and I respect them so much. They have seen much, lived so many moments, they know so much.


Shameless plug part Dos:

Patrick Park.

This man's music is what makes me believe the world hasn't lost all emotion, or heart, or truth, or beauty.

Just look at this picture of him:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I think I am in love with this man's soul.
Listen to "Life Is A Song." The lyrics changed my life.

Shameless plug part tres:

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Words can not describe how incredible this film is. The look of it is absolutely, insanely gorgeous (bleeding strawberries in "Strawberry Fields Forever", anyone?) and I have founda new love in Jim Sturgess. His voice is so unique. I must say, one of my favorite scenes is "Revolution." I think it's because it's almost creepy how the lyrics fit the scene so perfectly, and it's like he COULD be talking to her, but he just happens to be singing. You seriously MUST see this movie, it inspires me.

Shameless plug part cuatro:

The Other Boleyn Girl.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I only began this book yesterday, and already I am sucked in. READ IT. It's 600-something pages, but it goes really quickly, I can't put it down. Honestly, I love it. And they're making a movie out of it with.... JIM STURGESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He plays George Boleyn, Anne and Mary's brother. I can't not wait. The movie better do the book justice.



Alright, I think that's enough for today. Even with no life, I still have homework.

she's standing in the ashes at the end of the world, four winds blowing through her hair.


ay en en ay!

1 comment:

Snookums said...

Pretty stylin'.

I want to see "Across The Universe."

Ooh, ooh .. did you watch 'Good Will Hunting'? Did you like? ... Or no?

I love that film.

Anyway, FABULOUS post.

Keep at it!
=)