Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I wish I would've thought of this!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I really want to participate in this. Every Saturday after Thanksgiving, when the papers always have an article about Black Friday, I feel like throwing up. It's such a bitter and disgusting reflection of our CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME culture. People trample each other to get the last phone/video game/ laptop/other stupid "What was wrong with your other one??" device! That's ridiculous! I really wanted to spread this message, because I think we, as a people, need to learn not to be so greedy and consumptive. I challenge you to NOT BUY ANYTHING (except perhaps a book or a movie ticket [as long as it's a good movie], something that will actually stimulate your mind) on Black Friday. Let's learn how to live with what we have, instead of always needing MORE.


peace out.
anna.

2 comments:

Snookums said...

I support this.

Honestly, I don't buy much really.

I could do this for a month, I think.
Is that ... bad ...?

Well, except for essentials, shampoo, toothpaste, soap, hygienic things in general.


And contact lens solution. That's always spiffy.

Love the entry, as usual.
Thanks for posting, dear!

Keep at it!
=)

mary said...

yessss i quite agree with you my dear. just the other day i was saying that i intended on locking myself in the bathroom for "black friday." well not really. well, i DID say that. but i won't limit myself to the bathroom. the kitchen's also important, tooo...