Friday, March 28, 2008

oh, inverted world.

I LOVE SPRING!!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Alright, so TECHNICALLY it might still be chilly and cloudy here. But that doesn't matter! No, what matters is that IT IS OFFICIALLY SPRING. ahhhhhhh. feels good. I detest winter.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Cherry Blossom Girl takes THE most stunning photographs.

So Libby from Ice Cube Confidential filled out this darling little questionaire and instead of waiting to get tagged or whatever (What silly person would do that?), I tagged myself.

8 things I am passionate about:
1) Books. I LOVE READING. I LOVE IT. Borders is my second home, it gives me this incredibly feeling of safety. Like, "Nothing can hurt me here. I'm among books."
2) Art. Painting relaxes me like nothing else. The art room is my favorite room in the school.
3) Philantropy. I just want to heal the world. I want to go to Africa and help orphans, and start a non-profit organization and end global warming. I just want to be a do-good superhero! Do-Good Woman!
4) Writing. Journaling (as 3rd grade as that sounds) is a great way to get all my emotions out without ripping someone's head off.
5) Travel. I love seeing new places, experiencing new things.
6) Music. Lame and cliche, but it's true. I love listening to it and especially playing it. I play my piano constantly.
7) My future. I work so hard, just so I'll be able to do great things.
8) Food. God, I just love food. Need I say more. I think not.

6 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1) Travel the world, preferably alone.
2) Live in a city.
3) Fall in love.
4) Have 3 or 4 kids.
5) Do something insane... like bungee-jumping.
6) Write a novel. It doesn't have to get published, I jsut want to write one.

6 Things I Say Often:
1) You're a freak.
2) That's unfortunate.
3) Hello, love!
4) Brilliant
5) What's your beef?
6) Son (I call everyone son)

6 Books I Have Read Lately:
1) Twilight--It was surprisingly good, considering 8th graders on my bus read it. CEDRICDIGGORYASEDWARDYESSSS.
2) The Constant Princess
3) White Oleander- Beautiful, but sad and disturbing, too.
4) The Virgin Suicides
Uhhhh.... how sad is it that I can't remember? I read a lot, but I drop a book if I'm bored.
5) I reread A Great and Terrible Beauty in preparation for reading the new one
6) I'm COMPLETELY having a brain fart......... I've started so many books and not finished them that I can't remember.

That was embarrassing! I go on and on about how I love books and I can't even remember the last six I've read.

10 Songs I Could Hear Over And Over:
1) Life Is A Song- Patrick Park
2) When the Sun Goes Down- Arctic Monkeys
3) New Slang- The Shins
4) We Intertwined- The Hush Sound
5) Lighthouse- The Hush Sound
6) Blackbird- The Beatles
7) Vienna- Billy Joel
8) Lake Michigan- Rogue Wave
9) I Will Follow You Into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie
10) Spit On a Stranger- Nickel Creek

6 Things That Make Me Like My Best Friend(s):
1) I don't always have to be talking when I'm around them. I can walk down the hall with them and not talk, and it's not awkward, it's just a commonly accepted silence. We can just be when we're together.
2) That said, when we talk, we talk a lot. About very odd things.
3) They understand my strange obsessions, and fuel them because chances are they're obsessed too.
4) They make the most mundane things fun.
5) I'm not afraid to say anything to them. I make strange noises, and just let things fall out of my mouth.
6) We're all smart. I know that seems shallow, but I love being able to use big words around them and they get what I'm talking about.





So I will be participating in the most ridiculous and cliche of high school events... Prom. Oh yes, prom. My friend in 11th grade invited me, or else I wouldn't be able to go. I'm really bad at girly things. I already told him I don't want flowers and crap, and I refused to give his mother a fabric swatch. A FABRIC SWATCH. ARE YOU JOKING? I was just like, "Uhhh.. it's not a big deal to me if we don't match." I'm so jaded, it's pathetic.

But look at this gorgeous GORGEOUS vintage dress I missed out on on ebay a few weeks back, in the last 6 seconds of the auction. I was devastating. Kicking the computer may have been involved.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

the COLOR. SWEET JESUS THE COLOR. Why must I continue to look at it? It's just rubbing salt into my wounds. And I had it for the last 20 seconds, too. THAT'S WHAT'S SO FRUSTRATING. Ok, just move on.

This is mine instead:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


It's from the early sixties.


alright, peace friends.
a.

PS-- Listen to "The Kelly Affair" by Be Your Own Pet

4 comments:

Sister Libby said...

Spring! Lucky...as I type this, it is snowing. In April (almost)! And I'm sorry you didin't get the first dress. It is amazing. And Prom isn't so bad. I'm cynical, but I enjoy boys in tuxes just as much as anyone.

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Pretty dresses! And I always love the photos on CBG too.

Sister Libby said...

I was just looking through your blog, and saw a survey I liked, and sort of stole it. I hope that's ok...

molly said...

oooh cool i love your vintage dress!