Thursday, February 7, 2008

And you TOO can have hot sex against a bookcase!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


That's right, friends, the what-I'm-sure-will-be-iconic green dress from Atonement can be ALL your for just $3,200! As of now, I'm SURE the bid will go up. Oh, and you need to be able to fit into Keira Knightley's slightly ridiculous size 2. Good luck. WHERE, you might ask, can you get this dress? At none other than the charitable site, Clothes Off Our Backs. Here's the link, if, you know, you wanted to open it on the way to gathering your money together: http://www.clothesoffourback.org/categories.php?cPath=1_116

Oh, and here's a really interesting video of Keira discussing how important the costumes were to the story and movie as a whole.

http://video.bravotv.com/player/?id=200360



Not related, BUT: Who's ever seen Godspell? We're watching it in religion class (yes, I actually receive religious instruction in my school) and it's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on film but it's also kind of awesome.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I kind of feel like they're all on acid.... or just REALLY high on Jesus's love. But I love the clothing. There's this scene in a junkyard where they go around picking up old things and putting them on, creating a bohemian wonderland (wow, that was bad) of clothing. If I can get specific stills, I'll do a more specific post on it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Oh, and it features a young Victor Garber as Jesus. With clown makeup. And a fro. Wow.

And for a bit of wow factor, check out this picture from Face Hunter in Stockholm.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<

Damn. I love Sweden.

fred. (Would you believe that means "peace" in Swedish?)
a.

3 comments:

Snookums said...

Keira can kiss it. I'm all about the bargain, not selling the Clothes Off My Back for Clothes Off Our Backs.


I want to see Godspell now. I love me some peace-making, high-as-a-kite, fro-hair-Victor-Garber filmage.

Bohemian wonderland ... Not the words I'd go for, but that can suit me just fine.
At heart, total hippie.

I do, in deed, possess a "Make love, not war" top. And a tie-dye shirt, too, but I don't wear that. I think my mother made me wear it when I was little, so my parents would take the correct kid home at the end of parties with a liquor licence involved.


I think "fred" is a great name now. The Flintstones should be a religious symbol, like the Virgin Mary or, well, let's face it, Bob Marley.

Another great post.
Keep at it! =)

Snookums said...

... Okay, nothing to do with your post, but let's face it, where else am I going to comment back?

Yes, White Oleander was really good. I liked it a lot.
It ended rather openly, but it was really quite good. Janet Fitch did a great job, especially considering the fact that it was her first novel .... at least, I think.


ANYWAY ... I shall post. Considering that you have similar music tastes to me, any comments on the next post would be adored immensely.

ALWAYS LOVING THE BLOG!
Keep at it! =)

Sister Libby said...

Wow. Hm...not much for me to say, considering Chelsea Dagger basically covered it. Ha! I too adore Sweden, and am a bit nervous to go there, because everybody is like, 8 times cooler than me.