Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Whoa. Whoa.

So........ I liked this survey I filled out earlier, so I just added pictures! Enjoy. And a more creative post is coming later. Surveys are like the bread and butter of blogger, aren't they? I mean, if you can't think of anything good to write, you always have a good, trusty survey to fall back on. Actually, they're more like security blankets.

1. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANYTHING DELIVERED TO YOUR DOORSTEP EACH MORNING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?a letter, note, or a picture, handwritten, to inspire me. It could be pages or just a few words, I just relish inspiration.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
SUPPOSE THAT RIGHT NOW YOU COULD BE AT YOUR FAVORITE VACATION SPOT, READING YOUR FAVORITE BOOK, LISTENING TO YOUR FAVORITE CD, & EATING YOUR FAVORITE FOOD. WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICES FOR THOSE 4 CATEGORIES, AND WHO, IF ANYONE, WOULD BE WITH YOU?where: Marie Antoinette’s country retreat (it looked unearthly in the film)
Reading: Harry Potter or To Kill A Mockingbird
Listening to: some acoustic mix (I don’t think Arctic Monkeys or the Beatles would fit the mood.)
Eating: pasta with red sauce
Person: I think I would like to be by myself.


This is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. While I loved the crazy candy tones of the movie, this scene was so refreshing and natural. It made me want a fuzzy, messy halo of light blonde hair like Kirsten Dunst! The natural greens, yellows and whites are so visually stunning. I think the boat scene, with her dragging her finger in the water as the setting sun glinted made me want to buy a one-way ticket. I love that quote, “If we assume man has been corrupted by an artificial civilization, what is the natural state? The state of nature, from which he has been removed? Imagine: Wandering up and down the forest, without industry, without speech, and without home…”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


3. WHICH ANIMATED CHARACTER IS YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITE?Mulan, or Pocahontas. A Disney character that kicks ass. Oh! Oh! Peter Pan! I was Peter Pan for a Disney dress up party. I made the hat and everything. Oh look! A picture! How’d that bugger get there??



My name is Puggy Peter Pan McPugster.

And HELL YES that is an American Girl in the background. I seriously need to get those things out of my room.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


4. IF YOU HAD TO WRITE A BRIEF MESSAGE ON A DOLLAR BILL THAT MANY PEOPLE WOULD EVENTUALLY SEE AS THE CURRENCY CIRCULATES, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU WRITE?be kind. Everyone fights their own battle.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

[It says “revolution” at the bottom. That bothers me. Don’t the mail people realize that this postcard MEANS something??? They should have their “postsecret” radars handy and NOT COVER UP THE IMAGES!!! This is one of my favorites from this week’s Postsecret update.]5. YOU'VE BEEN ASKED TO CREATE A BRAND NEW ROAD SIGN THAT WILL BE PUT UP ON THE STREETS THROUGHOUT YOUR TOWN. PEOPLE IN YOUR TOWN WILL BE EXPECTED TO OBEY IT JUST AS THEY WOULD ANY OTHER ROAD SIGN. WHAT WILL YOUR NEW SIGN COMMAND DRIVERS TO DO?Don’t jeopardize others with your stupidity.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
[Insert nerdy giggle. Complete with complimentary snort!]

6. IF YOU WERE LEFT ALONE FOR ONE HOUR WITH NOTHING MORE THAN A PEN AND A NOTEPAD, WHAT WOULD YOU BE INCLINED TO DRAW OR WRITE DURING THOSE 60 MINUTES?I would definitely write about my current thoughts and feelings, I would describe the scenery, and I would probably make a list of some sort. I would try to put all the crazy thoughts in my head onto the paper.

7. IF YOU COULD WITNESS ANYTHING AT ALL IN SUPER-SLOW MOTION, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE?rain.

8. SUPPOSE YOU'RE AT A PARTY WHERE YOU MEET AN ALERT & ASTUTE 100-YEAR-OLD PERSON. SINCE EVERYONE WANTS TO TALK TO THIS PERSON, YOU ONLY HAVE TIME TO ASK ONE QUESTION. WHAT WOULD YOU ASK?Is it worth it?

9. IN ONE SENTENCE, WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IS THE SECRET TO LIFE?Never lose yourself, trust in your own strength, but don’t be afraid to be vulnerable, and enjoy life.

10. IF SOMEONE WERE LOOKING FOR YOU IN A BOOKSTORE, IN WHAT SECTION WOULD THEY BE MOST LIKELY TO FIND YOU?art, fiction. Borders is one of my favorite places in the world. My heart swells when I walk in those doors. I feel so comfortable. I could sit for hours among the shelves, on the floor, just flipping through book, relishing the words and pictures.

11. OVER THE LAST 200 YEARS OR SO, THE WORLD HAS ADVANCED AND CHANGED IN MANY WAYS. NONETHELESS, CAN YOU THINK OF AT LEAST ONE ASPECT OF LIFE THAT HAS REMAINED VIRTUALLY UNCHANGED THROUGHOUT THE LAST 2 CENTURIES?emotion.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See, look. Even the man in a vest and jacket is laughing.
When I answered the question, I meant it to be deep and thought-provoking. But this picture was just too good to pass up.

12. RANK THE 4 SEASONS IN ORDER FROM YOUR FAVE TO LEAST FAVE:fall, summer, spring, winter

13. IN YOUR OWN NOT-SO-HUMBLE OPINION, WHAT IS YOUR MOST LIKEABLE QUALITY?I can make people laugh, I have a good head on my shoulders.

14. WHAT MONTH OF THE YEAR DOES YOUR NOSE ANTICIPATE MOST? WHY?summer. It doesn’t run from the cold or allergies.

15. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU USED TO LOVE TO DO BUT HAVE OUTGROWN OR GOTTEN TIRED OF?I honestly can’t think of anything. Maybe knitting. But I’m planning on starting up again. Gotta get started on that Ravenclaw scarf!

16. IF YOU WERE A FISH, WHAT BAIT WOULD SOMEONE USE TO CATCH YOU VERY QUICKLY?a substantial thought.

17. IF YOU WERE A TREE, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR?Summer. I’m at my greenest, everything’s in full bloom.

18. WHAT IS ONE EVENT THAT MANY PEOPLE CONSIDER ENTERTAINING THAT YOU PERSONALLY WOULD HAVE A VERY DIFFICULT TIME SITTING THROUGH FROM THE BEGINNING TO END?I really do not like parties that much. I’m a bit socially awkward around people who are not in my honors classes…. The last fun party I went to involved a lot of Guitar Hero and my fellow nerds.

19. IF YOU WERE A CONTESTANT ON A TRIVIA-STYLE GAME SHOW, WHAT CATEGORY WOULD YOU MOST WANT TO SEE DISPLAYED WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO THE MILLION-DOLLAR QUESTION?geography… general history… useless trivia!20. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU ENJOY DOING THAT WOULD PROBABLY SURPRISE MANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW YOU WELL?I love to exercise, though I never do.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My preferred method of exercise. Fo’ real. And one! And two! Kick! GOOD! You got it! Keep going! Whooo!!!!

Actually, I like swimming and yoga and other crunchy granola forms.21. WHAT CREATURE, MORE THAN ANY OTHER, WOULD HAVE YOU SCARED STIFF IF IT WERE LOOSE IN YOUR HOME?a mouse or other rodent. I’m 100% fine with spiders, bugs, even snakes… but I HATE MICE.

I’m not going to include a picture with this one. I’m sure you can imagine why.

22. IF YOU COULD GREATLY ENHANCE ANY ONE OF YOUR 5 SENSES, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?sight… or hearing.

23. IF YOU COULD TAKE ONE ETHNIC CUSTOM THAT IS POPULAR IN ANOTHER COUNTRY & POPULARIZE IT IN YOUR OWN CULTURE, WHICH WOULD YOU PICK?respect for elders!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Grandpa Earl and Grandma Marge!
*Disclaimer: Not my grandparents.

24. WHEN YOU MEET SOMEONE FOR THE FIRST TIME, WHAT PARTICULAR FACET ABOUT THEM ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN LEARNING AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?I like to know if I can hold a conversation with them.

25. IF YOU CAME INTO ENOUGH MONEY THAT YOU NEVER HAD TO WORK ANOTHER DAY IN YOUR LIFE, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD TYPICALLY DO TO STAY BUSY OR KEEP YOUR MIND OCCUPIED?I would buy a cottage somewhere. Then I would travel the world and write.

26. IF ANY PARTICULAR MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE COULD HAVE LASTED 5 MINUTES LONGER, WHAT MOMENT WOULD YOU HAVE WANTED IT TO HAVE BEEN?Standing on the rocks outside the lighthouse at Peggy’s Cove in Nova Scotia, just breathing in the salty earth, looking out on the vast ocean, thinking about how small I felt, yet how connected to earth and to the past, to those who had stood there before me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


27. IF A MOVIE WERE BEING MADE ABOUT YOUR LIFE, AND YOU COULD CHOOSE ANY ACTOR TO PLAY YOU IN THE FILM, WHOM WOULD YOU CHOOSE?Natalie Portman or Kirsten Dunst

28. IF YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT PEOPLE TO REMEMBER YOU FOR MOST OF ALL?I lived as best as I knew how.

29. IF YOU COULD INSTANTLY FREE YOUR MIND FOREVER OF SOMETHING THAT CAUSES YOU STRESS IN LIFE, WHAT WORRY WOULD YOU GET RID OF?grades!!!

30. IF YOU HAD TO RENAME THE STREET YOU LIVE ON, WHAT WOULD YOU NAME IT?Diagon Alley! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


31. IF YOU COULD HAVE BEEN THE REAL-LIFE OWNER OF ANY TV OR MOVIE ANIMAL, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE?Lassie! No. I don’t know.

32. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU THOROUGHLY ENJOY THAT A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE WOULD PROBABLY CONSIDER TRITE & BORING AT BEST?Art history! And instrumental music, particularly classical, and tribal. Weird, I know.

33. WHAT PARTICULAR FACIAL FEATURE OF YOURS DO YOU PERSONALLY ADMIRE MOST?
My eyes.

34. LIST THE 5 THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPIEST IN LIFE:family.
Beauty of nature.
Books.
Writing.
Accomplishing something.

35. IF YOU COULD RECIEVE FREE, UNLIMITED AIRLINE FLIGHTS FROM YOUR NEAREST AIRPORT TO ANY ONE DESTINATION IN THE WORLD, TO WHAT PLACE WOULD YOU BE FREQUENTLY FLYING?I would fly to Ireland, then TAKE A BOAT to England, then TAKE A BOAT to the mainland, then BACKPACK across Europe. That way I could see it all.

36. IF YOU HAD TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING THAT WOULD TAKE THE PLACE OF A WEDDING BAND TO SERVE AS AN OBJECT OF UNION & COMMITMENT FOR MARRIAGE, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?I think rings are perfect. Though perhaps a bit easy to lose.

37. SUPPOSE THAT INCOME TAXES STILL HAD TO BE PAID, BUT INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE GOVERNMENT, YOUR MONEY WOULD GO TO ANY ONE CAUSE OR CHARITY OF YOUR CHOICE. WHERE WOULD YOU WANT YOURS TO GO?Poverty, world hunger. UNICEF, or something like that.

38. IF YOU COULD ELIMINATE ONE GENRE OF MUSIC, WHAT WOULD IT BE?rap, screamo.

39. IF YOU COULD BECOME FULLY ENLIGHTENED INSTANTLY ON ANY ONE SUBJECT, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?I would like to have the insight of an artist, either a painter or a writer.

From A Mad Girl’s Love Song by Sylvia Plath: “>"The stars go waltzing out in blue and red/
And arbitary blackness gallops in:/
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.”

I want to be able to write that. Or something LIKE that. If I wrote THAT I’m pretty sure it would constitute as plagiarism… and would result in my ass getting thrown in the slammer.


Plus, I included some questions from the survey I didn’t have the attention span to finish, but I really wanted to answer. And now instead of doing my science fair project, I’m doing this!

1. Name three things you have with you at all times.
I am a Chapstick addict. There, I said it. I’ve been researching CA (Chapsticks Anonymous… DUH) and I’m going to think about how I need to look inside myself to fix this problem. I can’t even go a couple of hours without thinking my lips are going to split open from complete lack of moisture.
So that’s one. Two is probably a pen and piece of paper, even just a scrap, in case I think of a sentence or simile I like, or a phrase, or anything. What can I say, I have a writer’s mind. Third would probably be a bobby pin. I CAN NOT STAND when my hair sticks to my forehead. I go insane.
2. Would you rather wake up after surgery and have Barbara Streisand’s nose or Dolly Parton’s breasts?
Bab’s nose. Big noses interest me. I’d rather have an interesting, unique, feature like that then sacks of flour glued to my chest. At least I’d be different.
3. What’s the last book you finished?
I’m answering this question as a shameless plug for Into the Wild. Shit, that book was incredible. It really moved me, it made me think. I myself tend to be idealistic, and so was this young man, and it shows how sometimes ideals just can’t be. I highly suggest it!!!!!!!! Note all the exclamation points. It takes a lot for me to use THAT many exclamation points. Serrrriously, folks. 1,2,3, yeah. But THAT many? You know I mean it. Or I was struck by a case of Parkinson’s and hit the key one too many times. That was mean. Oops.
WHOA. So my sister is watching Cory In the House (what do you mean, lame? How about GREATEST SHOW EVER KNOWN TO MAN KIND!!!!!1 PS MILEY CYRUS IS MY HERO!!!!!!!11) Here’s hoping you got the sarcasm. And intentional typing errors. But anyway, I THOUGHT I SAW CONOR OBERST. AS IN BRIGHT EYES. AND I THOUGHT, “WHAT IS CONOR OBERST DOING ON DISNEY CHANNEL??????????????????????????”

But don’t worry. It wasn’t him. Moving on.

4. What fictional character is most like you?
I know a lot of people say this, but I am a lot like Hermione Granger. Except not as anal-retentive. But hey, she got Ron. I’ll go so far as to be anal-retentive if it means nabbing Ron Weasley. I am also an AWFUL lot like Love Bukowski of the Princples of Love novels. I sometimes think she’s my Boston-dwelling alter ego, i.e. who I want to be.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Aw! Look at her! So cute and frizzy-haired and bookish. I find myself to be more of a “Books 5-7” Hermione, however. This picture was just too cute to pass up.

5. What’s your favorite painting?
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

P.S. I will write about this painting more later.

6. If you could have any kind of hair in the world, what kind would you have?
I kind of answered this earlier. Marie Antoinette’s country home hair.




Another favorite scene from Marie Antoinette. I WANT THOSE PASTRIES.



My [not so] Great Idea:

My Spanish teacher was talking about Europe today, and it just piqued my NEED to go. Since I am obviously not able to phone up my butler and private jet and fly on over this afternoon, I am going a pretend trip. Perhaps it is my need to write and make up stories, but I am going to pretend to go to Europe, and write a fake diary sort of thing. Ok, this sounded less insane and daydream-y in my head. So, dear reader(s), I need your help! Where should I go? What cities, what countries?

Giggle. This is going to be fun. Oh! Oh! I encourage YOU to take your own fake trips, as well. Hell, why not get into it? Wear a beret for a day where your imaginary self is in Paris. Ride a bike when you really SHOULD be in Amsterdam. Each some snitzel (spelling wrong, I am sure.) when in Munich! I'm going to be stuck inside this long, boring Northeast winter. Might as well make it interesting.


peace out!
anna

7 comments:

Emma said...

first of all, this post made me SO HAPPY.
second of all, i can think of nothing i would like to do more than concoct a list of must-see locations for your visit to this fair city. give me a few days and i will come up with a Master List.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sister Libby said...

You are great. Do you know that? You managed to muster up one hell of a post. I greatly adimre you. And, I'm going to put you in my "people I like" section.

Carolyn Keene said...

ahhhh im so glad youre back!!!

tone said...

we are freakishly similar

except i havent read to kill a mockingbird since forever

if you like the office you wil loooove 30 rock.

and i like e.e cummings
i love how he makes his poems look
all crisp and clean and childlike

and music wise

i like: stereo total and spoon,radiohead and los campesinos!

but what sucks is that no matter how hard you try you can never get words to bend into the shape you see in your head.

thats how i feel anyways...i bet kurt vonnegut never had this problem

sorry for this long comment, dont usually leave comments but i had to