Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just a quickie. Maybe not the best title in these circumstances.

Considering that I am writing super quickly about two people I did NOT expect to get pregnant... well... doing so.

First up we have.......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

LILY ALLEN.

Can you believe it? Now, I do not in any way consider this a celebrity gossip-prone blog, but this is just too good to pass up. Lily Allen?? The carefree, cheeky, talented 22-year old [drunkard]?? A mother? I'm not sure whether to be insanely jealous of the baby for having such a radical mama or sorry for the baby... Lily Allen is 22. The father is 37... They've been dating quite some time, you know. What to guess how long? Try September.

I know I shouldn't judge....blah blah blah. I just can't help it! Maybe it's my Catholic schooling. The whole sex=bad, you will go to hell and die thing getting drilled into your head over and over has perhaps has some odd side effects...of me being a condemning judging.... judge. Wow. What a poorly crafted sentence.

For the record, I do not believe that sex always =bad you will go to hell and die.
But at least Lily's an adult. Now I move on to the mother (OHHHHHH. PUN. WHAT NOW???) of all surprises.....


JAMIE LYNN SPEARS.

Dear God, what a messed-up family.
She is SIXTEEN! SIXTEEN! That'd be like me having a baby in a year! Sweet Jesus. The thought is making me quake in my boots.
And the father is her "long term boyfriend." How long-term can a boyfriend be if you are sixteen? "Oh yes.... we've been dating FOREVER. I was like... what.... 15?"

Get a marriage certificate ready. Psh. Yeah right.

So I was going to put a picture up of Lil' Spears (rapper name...?) but then I decided I don't want to desecrate my blog with that sort of tackiness. Icky.

So here, have a laugh instead.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Boise Public Library. They REALLY love reading.




peace!
a.


P.S. Midterms are currently sucking me into a black hole of historical figures and literary techniques. Don't expect me back until the weekend.

P.P.S. I'm going to NYC after Christmas. Suggestions of what to do/ where to shop [especially vintage!]/ where to eat would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Sister Libby said...

Ha. I love the title. I am actually just now getting it, and laughing.
If you need a fun game to play while giving school presentations, whispter "quick and dirty" into your friend's ear.
Also, I think that it's fabulous that you didn't post a picture of Jamie Lynn, but opted instead for a photo of the Boise Library.

Emma said...

I was just going to come and tell you of my NYC Must-Do list! Huh. Kismet.
Okay. So this list might suck, and I've given you a lot of options indigenous to my neighborhood (am I using that word correctly? Most likely not), but I did try so I hope you'll like it.
THE AWESOME LIST OF THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE AND DO IN NYC EVEN THOUGH THEY MIGHT NOT BE THE THINGS THAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY YOU SHOULD SEE AND DO.
1. Go to the Levian Bakery on 74th between Columbus and Amsterdam. Yum. Get the chocolate-chip cookie, and also the oatmeal raisin. Eat yourself into oblivion.
2. Go to Housing Works, conveniently located one block away from Levian. It's a completely rad thrift store. There's like 3 locations though, so you can find whichever one you want to go to by going to the website- housingworksauctions.com
3. Vynl. Great, great, great little restaurant for music fans. Again, lots of locations, so go to vynl-nyc.com
4. The Family Jewels on 23rd Street. FAB.
5. BOOKSTORE. I'm a book nerd, so if you're one too it will appeal to you.The Strand is so awesome, you might never leave.
6. I know this is lame, but definitely walk around in the park and go to some of the cute tiny boutiques downtown. They're kind of expensive, but there's a really good one now and then and they end up being worth it.

Sorry so lame, but I'll see if I can brainstorm more.

Emma said...

WAIT! Late-breaking news, hot-off-presses!
I'm a foodie so I'll list some of my favorite restaurants that you should try.
In no real order-
1. The Odeon. Best fries EVER.
2. Ellen's Stardust Diner, if you can handle it. Singing waitstaff! It's awesome in an awful and kitschy way, though, so you may as well try it.
3. Sal and Carmine's. Best pizza in New York, I don't care what they tell you.
4. Charm Thai. Pretty good and cute Thai place.
5. GRAY'S PAPAYA. I know, mad tourist-y, but honestly, if you like hot dogs there's nowhere better.
6. Dawat, a fab place for Indian food.

ENJOY!