Wednesday, April 9, 2008

the earth laughs in flowers.

I love that. Up there. That sentence up there. It's so sweet and true. When have you not cheered a tiny eensy bit at seeing flowers? It's ee cummings. I, lyke, so totally luvvers ee cummings. I have a great book of his poetry. Oooh... I smell a post topic....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Yes, I KNOW the poppy field in the Wizard of Oz had some drug reference. Whatever. Opium schmopium. Does that stop you from just wanting to fall asleep among that cloud of red? Oh, never mind the wicked witch on my tail, I'll just sleep forever in this endless red, with blue checks on my dress and ruby slippers on my feet. And a man made of tin by my side.

You probably know by now that it is very rare for my posts to have any sort of theme or train of thought. Don't expect anything different for this one.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



This is the COOLEST. PLAYGROUND. I HAVE EVER. SEEN. Ever. Period. This is not an opinion. This is a fact. In my school's art room, there's a chair painted with breakfast food...sausages, a orange with a straw stuck in it, a frying pan with eggs on the seat, pancakes dripping with syrup...and I've obsessed with that chair. Seriously. I MUST sit in that chair. It's my good luck chair, and if any one else sits in it, I'm down in the dumps for the entire art class. This is the PLAYGROUND version of that chair. Honestly, why does MY hometown not have this playground? Why slide on a boring old SLIDE when you can slide on a piece of bacon???? Exactly. There's no reason why you wouldn't. How awesome would it be to get up in the morning and say, "Hey mom, can we go to the BREAKFAST playground today? I feel the need to straddle a piece of sausage."

And so there is your daily dose of random, courtesy of Lights, Camera, Chaos!.Can I do that? An exclamation point, THEN a comma. Hmmmmmmmmm. Grammar is bothersome.

song of the day, I suppose: "Gray Or Blue" by Jaymay. Comments: This is what music's all about--pure, sweet emotion.

ahhhhhhhhnahhhhhhh.

5 comments:

Sister Libby said...

I would kill to grow up near a breakfast playground. I would probably get hungry all the time. And I just made a header in paint and then put it up. I wish someone would make headers for me, since my computer skills are nil.

Jaclyn said...

That breakfast playground is amazing, it makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

oo love the title of the post too, so true!

a breakfast playground!? what!? where was this when I was 5!? i definitely want to stradle a sausage! haha its kinda like how my neighborhood playground upgraded 3 years ago and now it has one of those spinning things kids stand on until they get dizzy and puke lol instead of all of the splinter filled old euipment I was on at their age ugg

Elisabeth said...

That is the best playground I have ever seen! It's making me hungry!

And I too adore the idea of sleeping in a poppy field.

Snookums said...

I always thought I was one of the vonTrapp children. But I'd still sleep in the poppy field. Ooh, couldn't it be a strawberry field...? So I could hum Beatles tunes...? No. Damn copyright.

"I feel the need to straddle a piece of sausage" gave me dirty, dirty thoughts.

Grammatical errors make me seizure.

You probably know by now that it is very rare for my comments to have any sort of theme or train of thought. Don't expect anything different for this one.

Awesome blog entry, as usual.
Keep at it, A.!